Are you still looking for ideas for the upcoming Valentine’s Day? This no-bake Blueberry Cheesecake might be for you. It is a simple recipe, which does not require any skills. The cheesecake is a purple ombré cake, using homemade blueberry jam. For the past few years, I think cooking at home for my loved one is better than eating out at a fancy restaurant. Don’t you agree that it will be more meaningful?
The only thing that needs to mindful of is this requires overnight to set, as it is a no-bake cheesecake. And instead of fresh blueberries, which are not in season at this time, I chose BC Frozen Blueberries that can be found in any grocery store. I was surprised to see how pulp and juicy they are.
No-Bake Ombre Blueberry Cheesecake
- 6 inch Springform Cake Pan
- Silicone Spatula
- Hand Mixer
- 200 g Oreo baking crumbs
- 30 g unsalted butter melted
Cream Cheese Batter
- 250 g cream cheese room temperature
- 60 g sugar
- 200 mL whipping cream
- 10 g gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 200 g BC frozen blueberries
- 30 g sugar
- ½ lemon
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
To prepare Oreo Crust:
- Pour the melted butter into the Oreo baking crumbs. Mix well.
- Press the crumbs mixture into the bottom of the cake pan. Make sure it is firmly packed.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
To prepare Blueberry Jam:
- Leave the frozen blueberries at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Mix the blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar into a saucepan. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring it to high heat and stir constantly. Meanwhile, use a spatula to crush the blueberries.
- When it starts to thicken, turn to low heat and continue to stir.
- Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Ladle the hot blueberry jam into a sterilized jar to chill.
To prepare Cream Cheese Batter:
- Whisk the cream cheese. Add 30g sugar when it starts to get creamy. Continue to whisk until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, add cold water and gelatin powder. Place the bowl in a bowl of hot water and stir until the gelatin powder is dissolved. The mixture should be clear.
- Immediately adds into the cream cheese mixture. Whisk until combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine whipping cream and sugar (30g). Whisk until a soft peak is formed.
- Put ½ whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix and fold in gently. Add the remaining whipping cream in. Mix gently.
- Separate the cream cheese mixture into three equal portions.
- Add 40-50g blueberry jam into one bowl. Add 20g blueberry jam into another bowl. The remaining bowl is the original flavor.
- Bring out the crust from the fridge and add the darkest mixture to 1/3 of the cake mold. Freeze it for 25 minutes. Then, add the second layer and freeze it for 25 minutes. Lastly, add the original flavor/final layer.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight. Ready to serve.