Valentine’s Day is soon arriving. For the past few years, I think cooking at home for my love one is better than eating out at a fancy restaurant. It is simpler and more meaningful. This year, I want to share a simple recipe that you can easily make it for your Valentine’s Day – Ombre Blueberry Cheesecake.
The only thing that needs to mindful of is this requires overnight to set, as it is a no-bake cheesecake. And instead of fresh blueberries, which are not in season at this time, I chose BC Frozen Blueberries that can be brought in any grocery stores. I was surprised to see how plum and juicy they are.
Ombre Blueberry Cheesecake
- 200g Oreo Baking Crumbs
- 30g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 250g Cream Cheese, softened
- 200mL Whipping Cream
- 60g Sugar
- 10g Gelatin Powder
- 3tbsp Hot Water
- 200g BC Frozen Blueberries
- 30g Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon
Cream Cheese Batter
- Pour the melted butter into the Oreo baking crumbs. Mix well.
- Press the crumbs mixture into the bottom of a 6 inch springform pan. Make sure it is firmly packed.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
- Leave the frozen blueberries at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Mix the blueberries and sugar into a large saucepan. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring it to high heat and stir constantly. Meanwhile, use a spatula to crush the blueberries.
- When it starts to thicken, turn to low heat and continue to stir.
- Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until thicken.
- Ladle the hot blueberry jam to a sterilized jar to chill.
- Whisk the cream cheese. Add 30g sugar when it starts to get creamy. Continue to whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Combine gelatin powder and hot sugar. Mix well. If it gets lumpy, you can put the bowl in a boiling water bath, which allows the gelatin powder fully dissolves in the water.
- Immediately adds into the cream cheese mixture. Whisk until combine.
- Combine whipping cream and sugar. Whisk until soft peak is formed.
- Put 1/2 whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix and fold in gently. Add the remaining whipping cream in. Mix gently.
- Separate the cream cheese mixture into three equal portion.
- Add 40-50g blueberry jam into one bowl. Add 20g blueberry jam into another bowl. The remaining bowl is the original flavor.
- Bring out the crust from the fridge and add the darkest mixture to 1/3 of the cake mould. Freeze it for 25 minutes. Then, add the second layer and freeze it for 25 minutes. Lastly, add the original flavor/final layer.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight.
To Prepare Oreo Crust:
To Prepare Blueberry Jam:
To Prepare Cream Cheese Batter: