A few weeks ago, I made the Cheese Mochi Balls, and I decided to go for a sweet version – Purple Yam Mochi Balls. If you have any leftover purple yam, you can make this delicious and beautiful kid-friendly treat in no time. Mr. enjoyed the sweet version way more that he finished the entire batch almost right away.
Purple Yam Mochi Balls
- 110 g glutinous rice flour
- 15 g tapioca flour
- 50-60 g purple yam mashed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g unsalted butter melted
- 40 mL milk
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356°F.
- Sift Glutinous Rice Flour and Tapioca Starch. Add sugar and mashed purple yam. Combine.
- Add egg and melted unsalted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Slowly add milk to the mixture until forming a soft dough. You might not need all the milk, so make sure to add SLOWLY and stop once it forms a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 20g each and roll them into perfectly round balls. Place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Ready to serve.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram and tag @pigoutyvr so we can see what you are baking in your kitchen!