These No-Bake Blueberry Cashew Tarts have no sugar added, are vegan friendly, dairy and gluten-free. During the summer, it is best to make simple, quick desserts that don’t even require an oven. These No-Bake Blueberry Cashew Tarts are the perfect dessert. All you need is a blender or a food processor, and you can prepare these tarts in less than 15 minutes.
Instead of making my own cashew butter, I used Cashew Acai Spread from NutJar. It is a new Canadian small business that features vegan nut bars, spreads, and butter. They use 100% natural ingredients. The Cashew Acai Spread contains simple ingredients, including cashews, acai berry, coconut oil, and organic cane sugar. It has a nice acidity from the berries, and the spread is nutty and on a thicker side.
Tips/Notes before Making:
As always, I tried to make the recipe more flexible, so everyone can make these treats with a limited pantry. It is a nut-base tart, and I chose walnut and cashews. You can also add almonds or pecan. I would not recommend using pistachio on its own, simply because it is hard for the crust to hold its shape. It is also important to buy nuts with no salted added. As for the berries, you can choose any berries you prefer – fresh or frozen.
No-Bake Blueberry Cashew Tart
- 1/2 cup Walnut
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates, sliced
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 Frozen Strawberries
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Cashew Acai Spread from Nutjar
- Fresh berries for decoration
- Add walnut and cashews into the food processor and pulse for 1 minute into a grainy consistency.
- Add pitted dates and continue to pulse for 1 more minute until the dough comes together.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the nut dough into each tart pan. Pressing down and up the sides to completely cover the tart pan. Cover with a plastic wrap and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen blueberries and strawberries, and 1 tbsp water into the food processor or blender. Blend for 1 minute.
- Add the Cashew Acai Spread and 2 tbsp water. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into each tart shell. Put in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Decorate with your favorite berries. Ready to Serve.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us on Instagram using #sumhomecafe so we can see what you are baking in your kitchen!