Vancouver’s summer is getting out of control this year, and sadly we don’t have an air conditioner at home. So I am trying to make different cold, refreshing drinks to get by while working from home. I made Peach Oolong Tea the other day, and I wanted to share this amazing summer detox drink with you all. It is a simple and quick recipe, and feel free to share your ways to stay cool this summer.
It is the peach season now, and they are juicy and sweet which makes them the best natural sweetener for this drink. If you cannot find peaches, white nectarines are a great substitute.
For oolong tea, I recently got some Taiwan Bai Hao Oolong Tea from Umi Tea Sets. It is also known as Oriental Beauty Oolong, which is a highly oxidized Taiwanese oolong tea. It has the appearance of black tea, but with a floral and toasty aroma. Its sweet floral taste pairs well with the peaches, and it is also great to enjoy the tea on its own.
Umi Tea Sets is a one-stop online shop that sells loose leaf tea, tea sets, as well as tea accessories. It offers free worldwide shipping, and most of the tea sets are of excellent quality and have fair pricing. I also got my tea set from them, which include a Glass Teapot with Wooden Handle and two Double Wall Glass Gongfu Tea Cups. I’m satisfied with both items, which are handmade with heat-resistant glass. The teapot can even be heated on fire. It comes with a glass filter for tea, and the overall quality is amazing.
My shipment comes from China, and it took approximately two weeks to arrive. I think it is pretty quick, considering there might be delays due to the pandemic. If you are interested, they are currently doing a promotion until July 4, or you can use code SC5FF for a 5% off discount at checkout.
Peach Oolong Tea
- 1 peach or white nectarine
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oolong tea loose leaf
- Ice Cubes
- Honey optional
- Steep the oolong tea as instructed on the package. Set aside and let it cool.
- Cut the peach in half. For one-half, cut them into thin slices for garnish. Cover them with a plastic wrap to prevent oxidizing. Dice the other half.
- Put the diced peaches into a sauce pan. Add sugar. Boil at medium-high heat until the water evaporates, and it thickens. Stir constantly. Once the jam is ready, set aside and let it cool. If you do not want to make a peach jam, see step 4 instead.
- You can also directly add the diced peaches evenly into 2 cups. I recommend adding ½ tbsp honey water to sweeten, but this is optional.
- Prepare 2 cups. Add peach jam, ice cubes, and oolong tea (in this order). You can also add some honey water to adjust sweetness. Garnish with peach slices. Stir well and enjoy.
Disclosure: Tea Sets are gifted.